What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

an m41 bomb fins

gibba1008

Hi, are the bomb tail fins available for the little m41 fragmentation bombs?

I have a nice inert relic m41 but missing the tail, was found minus both its nose and tail here on a former base in the uk luckily no tnt so just a hollow but complete body, I have relic front nose and rear to put on to make a nice museum display piece but unlikely to find a tail....

Any detailed drawings with measurement would be great , better still if anybody has one they would like to sell all the better.

There was also a tail assembly that used a parachute pack in a metal container.

As John mentions above, the parachute pack is likely the way to go. I don't think I've ever seen a set of fins by themselves, but I've seen maybe 6-7 parachute packs in the past couple of years.

Thanks for the reply's guys, think i will use the diagram posted to fabricate a new tail section as this is what it would have had on it originally.