What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SC 50 Bi

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Hello,

Somebody has informations, photos, drawings about the bomb SC50Bi. It is shown in the US TM9.

Very thanks !

Regards

Hallo,
it seems, that the SC 50 B(i) was already outdated in 1936. It was a welded together, 3 parts construction. Standard Category I and Category II bombs were 1 piece, seamless constructions. What are you looking for in detail ?
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Hello,

I research the construction details. I seek to understand the evolution of SC50 with drawings.
In the book LDV 4200, we do not speak of SC50Bi. She was removed I guess ...
Thanks Bellifortis

The SC 50 B (but not the Bi) is covered by the D.(Luft) 4300 Teil 1 Heft 1 on the SC 50 bomb of December 1942. It is generally similar to the SC 50 Bi shown in the OP-1666 (TM 9-1985-2), while there are some differences.
According to the American description, the Bi body is a one piece cast closed with a threaded base plate, while the B variant described by the German manual has a two piece body with base plate fixed with 8 screws.

Hallo Grzesio,
I can not find any mentioning of a SC 50 Bi in any german manual, only the B, where it says that it was assembled of a tube, a welded on headpiece and a bottom piece. Do you know of any german manual where a Bi model is descrtibed ? Does anybody know what "Bi" should stand for ? I also got the info about the "B" from D.(Luft) 4300.
Regards,
Bellifortis.
The SC 50 B (but not the Bi) is covered by the D.(Luft) 4300 Teil 1 Heft 1 on the SC 50 bomb of December 1942. It is generally similar to the SC 50 Bi shown in the OP-1666 (TM 9-1985-2), while there are some differences.
According to the American description, the Bi body is a one piece cast closed with a threaded base plate, while the B variant described by the German manual has a two piece body with base plate fixed with 8 screws.

Well, I just wonder if the Bi variant described in the TM 9-1985-2 is correctly identified or named - the source is not always reliable, though.
This Bi generally looks to me like the J/A but with an empty chamber in the rear conical section of the body (what for?). Maybe an expermental piece?