What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a WWII Russian Katyusha BM-31 in their collection? Please Post pictures.

WWIIBuff

Hello Gentlemen,

I am looking for information on, and pictures of, the WWII Russian Katyusha BM-31. One of the "Stalin's Organ" rockets. Also does anyone know what the original colors of one would have been and what the markings on it looked like if any?

Here are a few pictures I found on the web:

Katyusha BM-31 12 (2) Sapun Mountain museum.jpgKatyusha BM-31 12 (4).jpgKatyusha BM-31 12 (7).jpg

Thanks
John

Thanks Ivashkin.

Can anyone help me with information on the correct paint color for a Katyusha BM-31?

I am preparing to restore one so I would like to be as accurate as possible. I am not sure if the paint scheme on either of the two examples in the pictures I posted above accurate.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Thanks Ivashkin.

Can anyone help me with information on the correct paint color for a Katyusha BM-31?

I am preparing to restore one so I would like to be as accurate as possible. I am not sure if the paint scheme on either of the two examples in the pictures I posted above accurate.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

John, during war rockets didn`t paint. Just some clearcol. Colour of clearcol I think in most situation - grey, but after some time it could change colour and to blue)) But definitely nobody didn`t paint warhead to red colour.

Sorry for the late reply Ivashkin, I did not see your reply until now. So if I understand you, the Katyusha would only have had a clear coat applied? But you also said grey? So would it have looked like the grey example in the third picture I posted above?

Here is what mine looks like now. Besides painting it, I also need a fuze for the head.

Attachments

• 3184 (10) web.jpg
    3184 (10) web.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 60
Very impressive. I did not know anyone had a Katyusha in the US. I am reasonably confident my GVMZ fuse is correct for the smaller BM-13 rocket. What is the correct fuse for the BM-31?

Attachments

• GVMZ Russian Rocket Fuze.jpg
    GVMZ Russian Rocket Fuze.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Very impressive. I did not know anyone had a Katyusha in the US. I am reasonably confident my GVMZ fuse is correct for the smaller BM-13 rocket. What is the correct fuse for the BM-31?

Thanks Steve! The seller said the same thing last year when I bought it, that it would probably be the only one in the US. Obviously shipping was a small fortune. :tinysmile_cry_t2:

Nice fuze you have there. I was informed on another forum that the GVMZ fuze is the one I need for the BM-31, so if you ever find another, or want to part with that one...:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hmmmm. How long would it take me to find a BM-13 to fit it onto? I am sure a small fortune could pry it loose from my grasp.

I wish more collectors had your way of "thinking" - I have more selected items and be almost bankrupt - but worth it!

So those with "torpedo" bits I'm after out there - time to make a "small fortune"!

(I had to hock the family dogs (x2) for the last purchase and told the family they ran away) :cry: