What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BM-1 depth charge

jacleon1785

Ordnance approved
Hello All

I am looking for information about the Russian depth charge BM-1 and especially for sectional drawings, it would be nice if someone can help me here.
thanks in advance
Regards jack

BM-1
Date Enty In Service 1933
Diameter 252mm
Height 420mm
Total Weight 41 kg
Explosive Charge 25 kg TNT
Activation depth: 4-5 meters
Sink Rate 2.1-2.5 m/s
Fuze Kalinin K-3
BM-1 depth charge PICT0445.jpg BB-1 and BM-1 construction 1406909757_gb_bb-1.jpgBM-1 1406910563_gb_bm-1.jpgBM-1 04_big.jpgBM-1 02_big.jpg

Last edited:
Hello All
I am looking for information about the Russian depth charge BM-1 and especially for sectional drawings, it would be nice if someone can help me here.
thanks in advance
Regards jack

I think it can help.
BM-1 bomb.jpg
Name talks that it`s BB-1, but I compared characteristics with BM-1 and I think it`s mistake in album. And on the next page BB-1 bomb with characteristics for BB-1 bomb.

Attachments

• BM-1.jpg
    BM-1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the help guys, is there also some informatie about the detonator that is placed in this depth charge?

Thanks for the help guys, is there also some informatie about the detonator that is placed in this depth charge?

Ehhhh I wasn`t so fast and didn`t add information about fuze K-3. I don`t have infoamrtion about K-3 fuze, but I don`t think that K-3 the same as K-3M, as Dreamk wrote above.
Probably he has evidence of it and also can translate instruction of K-3 from Russian on English :)
Fuze K-3M has 4 tetryl blocks, 80 g each of them.

Yes, the data on the manual refer to the K-3M. The K-3M replaced the K-3 in 1953, and its main difference with the K-3 was an increased depth range: 10m to 330m instead of 210m for the K-3. the K-3M was (and still is) used on BB-1, BPS, RBM and RGB-12 depth charges.On the first page of this manual, there is specific mention of the BB-1 depth charge. Both BB-1 and BM-1 used the same fuzes, but BM-1 may have been retired for active service before 1953.

Yes, the data on the manual refer to the K-3M. The K-3M replaced the K-3 in 1953, and its main difference with the K-3 was an increased depth range: 10m to 330m instead of 210m for the K-3. the K-3M was (and still is) used on BB-1, BPS, RBM and RGB-12 depth charges.On the first page of this manual, there is specific mention of the BB-1 depth charge. Both BB-1 and BM-1 used the same fuzes, but BM-1 may have been retired for active service before 1953.

I know for what and when started to use K-3 and when ended. And I have I have good cutways with depth charges. Maybe you have them, but why the didn`t add them to topic?
Or you decided to translate for me from my native language infrotmation on English and explaine difference between fuzes?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea what kind of cartridge/charge system was used in BMB-1 and BMB-2 launchers to fire the depth charge?