What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hungarian mine igniter

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

I'm looking for pictures of fuze for Hungarian AP Mine M62 and M49. I'm sure "strakv" could help !
I only have diagrams with different shapes (designation of this fuze ?)

Regards

m62ap.jpgm62.jpgfuze.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

In USAREUR Pam 30-60-1 Identification guide part 3 volume II, M49 fuze. Bad pics, I know. It's said that it's the same fuze but with plastic body for the M62.

HU_ALL_M49.jpgHU_ALL_M49bis.jpg

Regards,

S.

I don't have the manual of these mines, but i guess the M-49 was used with the soviet MUV fuze. Although i've seen some MUV-like plastic body fuzes i never associated them with the M-62. I'll try to find the manual and keep you updated.

Vince

I must admit that i'm a bit confused by the 49M. I had always thought that the 49M was a direct copy of the PMD-7 so a MUV was used. Now i found a field manual of the mine and it shows a fuze that resembles the one from the 33M ERA. I guess (the manual doesn't mention) that the fuze didn't get a designation other than "fuze" as the mine might have been packed in kits along with the fuze.

49M.JPG49M telep.JPG

Vince

Last edited:
I must admit that i'm a bit confused by the 49M. I had always thought that the 49M was a direct copy of the PMD-7 so a MUV was used. Now i found a field manual of the mine and it shows a fuze that resembles the one from the 33M ERA. I guess (the manual doesn't mention) that the fuze didn't get a designation other than "fuze" as the mine might have been packed in kits along with the fuze.

View attachment 127786View attachment 127785

Vince

Seems to have a different shape.
What 49M. GY. TA means ?