What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Russian AT Mine

I'd like to know :

1 : dimensions, weight of mine and weight of explosive.
2 : If Us diagrams are correct ?
3 : If green mine on picture is really an AKS
4 : name in cyrillic

Thank you.

I'd like to know :

Thank you.
No Problem :)
3. Yes, It`s mine AKS, but also could be and AKS-M, because I don`t know difference between them now.
4. Name - АКС and АКС-М
More details - tomorrow and show something more :tinysmile_twink_t:

Last edited:
Hi,

Can't wait for the pics !

In the meantime here is an extract from a dutch book with some measurements :

Image4.jpgImage5.jpgImage6.jpg

Regards,

S.

I'd like to know :

Thank you.

Lets begine.
Few photos.
IMG_6818.jpgIMG_6819.jpgIMG_6820.jpg
IMG_6811.jpgIMG_6812.jpgIMG_6813.jpg
IMG_6814.jpgIMG_6815.jpgIMG_6816.jpg
IMG_6817.jpg
First of all - exist mines AKS and AKS-M. AKS-M appeared during Great War and whats the difference between them - I don`t know, at this moment. I have only one picture (and in the same situation - only one mention abot mine AKS-M) from magazine of December 1942, where talks about two mines. On the picture with displaying how to land them in winter they look the same.
Unfortunatly my body doesn`t have box for fuze and lid. In the same time on the bottom two metal lines. For what? I don`t know. Probably for fixing box for fuze.
1.Dimensions from partizan manual - 23x23x12 cm. On my photos you can see roulette. High definitely another,but in the same time in manual could be high with sleeve in the center, and then 12 cm is ok. Another 22 cm looks ok, because if add lid to 21,5 cm I think will be exactly 22 cm.
About explosive charge - forst layer - 4+4 blocks for 400 g, the second layer - 6 blocks of 400 g and 2 blocks of 200 g. Result - 6 kg of explosive.
2. I think USA diagram not correct. Look correct diagrams below. The first - from the book about demolition work for partizan, the second - my renovation. Sorry, it`s with watermarks, because picture for my book. If somebody need it in good quality - write to PM.
IMAGE-42.JPG
for BOCN.jpg
I don`t think that detail 3 made of wood. I think it was metal stick.
Also could be that were AKS mines and with lid like in USA book. It could be, but in this situation body looks like made of wood (as for me), but body definitely made of steel.
3. I think on photo from museum in Sankt-Peterburg is AKS.
4. Names - АКС and АКС-М. Index GRAU of AKS - 57-MT-734.