What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Unknown Fuze - Help

apfsds

Premium Member
I am posting this for a collector friend of mine to hopefully gain some information on it. He is an advanced collector and said that he has never seen a fuze like this one. I know next to nothing about these.

Jason

ufz1.jpgufz3.jpgufz4.jpgufz2.jpg

Looking at the last picture I say it is a "Powder Train Time Fuze" (PTTF) for starts.
Caliber: Unknown

Hi,
Don't think it's a powder train. Going more for a water proof system. I should say it's a kind of hydrostatic fuse with the entry holes at the ogive, water going in and making pressure on the internal system, starting the arming...

Looks like the No 700 for 3" rocket, but with modified air intakes. Internals are similar. See cutaway of No 700, my stuff, one for the rocket boys. With some cutaways/training aids the markings are lost, wch is not always helpful