What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German early Bundeswehr AT Mine KNICKZÜNDER DM39 SMZ LOS RM

-You talked about MIZ DM36, practice version of MIZ DM46, but what about MIZ DM30 shown previously ; is it a practice or a dummy inert version ?

Regards

The DM36 is a practice mine fuze, in combination with the smoke charge DM68 it is used in the Practice AT Mine DM18 and DM18A1. The DM30 is only a dummy fuze.

Last edited:
And the lenght by this DM39 Knickzünder isn`t 35cm rather 75cm! Its very high and for Anti Tank Mines.

And the lenght by this DM39 Knickzünder isn`t 35cm rather 75cm! Its very high and for Anti Tank Mines.

Tube inserted - 465mm
Tube pulling out - 798mm

Yes the DM39 can also be used in the DM11 AT Mine........but only with the "Verbindungsstück" (Connection part or adapter). This was an error from me......i dont have read the complete data sheet, ;)
But the DM39 can be used in all Mine and demolition charges.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden.jpg
    Zuschneiden.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 29
  • Zuschneiden_2.jpg
    Zuschneiden_2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Zuschneiden_3.jpg
    Zuschneiden_3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 41
The 25kg DM41 explosive charge (Käseladung) would still be a realistic option, the rest on Sprengmittel was too light as soil weight.
TDV= VS-NfD ;-)

Instructional literature, of the time, mentions 3 fuzes for the PAMI DM 11, namely MIZ DM 46 (pressure / main fuze), SMZ DM 39 (Knick, an adapter is shown in the drawing) and SMZ DM 77 (Pull, anti-removal fuze ). The training version of this mine used MIZ DM 36 and also the Knickzünder DM 39. This is marked for use only by "Pioniere" (technical troops). Attached is a drawing of the MIZ DM 46.
Bellifortis.
As an addition I show you drawings of the Sprengmittelzuender DM 39, Knick, Metall and DM 19 which went out of production upon introduction of the DM 39 modell. The German system of naming can be confusing. Many different articels can have the same DM number. The name of the articel is important. The mine-fuze MIZ DM 19 shown above is the 19th modell of mine-fuzes. The Sprengmittelzuender = SMZ DM 19 shown here, is the 19th model of german Sprengmittelzuender= SMZ.

Excellent. Therefore we have proof of the DM19.
Never the less there was a DM16 fuze for the DM11 AT Mine. Even the mine exchange number was different
KN50_DM11_LV-xyz.JPG

Hallo,
the MIZ DM 19 is a tilt-rod / snap-type igniter. The metalrod is not shown in the foto. It fits into the top hollow tube. The upper and lower part are connected by a plastic member. This will break upon a certain lateral tension force.
Bellifortis.
Thanks for these interesting details Bellifortis.
Two questions :
-You talked about MIZ DM36, practice version of MIZ DM46, but what about MIZ DM30 shown previously ; is it a practice or a dummy inert version ?
-What is the operation (pull, pressure, etc...) of the MIZ DM19 (green with red cap) shown by Rigby ?

Regards

Last edited:
The picture in the NVA regulation shows the DM56 not the DM36.

Attachments

• DM56.jpg
    DM56.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 21
I figured it was messed up, but wanted to verify. It seems that these nomenclatures jump around sometimes.

Thanks for the help,

Joe

The German DM number system is not so easy to explain, as the most important thing is the Part itself. So for example there can be a Mine Fuze DM36 and a Pull and Pressure Firing Device DM36. The DM number alone does'nt help much without the exact designation of the Part it is for.

Here is the DM56A1B1 ...

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_4063.jpg
    DSC_4063.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_4084.jpg
    DSC_4084.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_4086.jpg
    DSC_4086.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 19