What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great War 75mm. Cutaway

MikeS0000

Hello Folks -

As I mentioned in my first post, ordnance is a bit of a sideline with me. Great War materials being my real interest. However, this is one of my favorites!

Don't know if it is a training item or factory used cutaway. Perhaps someone can provide some info regarding this. 75mm. cutaway with some of the original schrapnel in place. Some is still in the original matrix and I have saved about 1/4 cup of the matrix that was loose. The loose balls I've placed in the chamber.

Found at a local gun show about a year ago, it was quite rusty and dusty. Cleaned it up a bit and put it into as seen shape. The first hpoto has a German 88/98 Ersatz bayonet for perspective, but then I realized the photo actually puts it out of perspective. :smile:

Also posted in Cutaways, but though it might be of interest here. Hope dual posting is not out of line!

Thanks for looking I hope you enjoy it!

- Best Regards, Mike

Attachments

• 75mm1.jpg
    75mm1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 75mm2.jpg
    75mm2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 82
members collections

hi there:tinysmile_shy_t:
really nice cutaway i like these old shells myself ,
what is great war materials ?you collect
cheers armystuff.

hi there:tinysmile_shy_t:
really nice cutaway i like these old shells myself ,
what is great war materials ?you collect
cheers armystuff.

Hello Armystuff -

Thanks very much for the compliment. Yes, this is one of my favorites. As for Great War (WW1) materials, I concentrate mostly on the bolt action rifles from all countries and the accompanying bayonets and other accessories, and helmets. However, as with any collection the boundaries get pretty fuzzy when an interesting item appears! :smile:

- Best regards, Mike

Yes Mike,i know that one about trying to stick with one collection.Im always buying the odd bit of other TR items.

waff

members collections

hi mikeSOOOO
fuzzy i like that my wife has called it a lots of things over the years fuzzy was not one of them .
i will have to get her to read this post so when my friends are here she can tell me to get that fuzzy stuff of her table .
best of luck armystuff.:tinysmile_shy_t: