What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fake WW2 German S-mine "bouncin' betty"

ewag2

Premium Member
This one probably wouldn't fool anyone on this site, but I thought I'd post it anyway as an example of what some people are up to. Someone has listed a post-WW2 Czech training mine as a WW2 German S-mine. At first I figured that someone might have made a mistake, but then I saw that it has been stamped with a fake waffenamt and dated 1944, so this is clearly an attempt to fool someone, either by this seller or whoever sold it to him.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/610158902

I hope the bidders know what they're getting! At least they left the original Czech paint and markings intact so the mine isn't ruined and someone might be able to clean off the fake German markings at a later date.

Here's info on the Czech mine for the curious: http://www.lexpev.nl/minesandcharges/sovietbalkan/czechrepublic/ppmisr.html

I just emailed the seller. Played real nice about the details. Will advise his response, if any.

I just emailed the seller. Played real nice about the details. Will advise his response, if any.

It's been a couple of days now and he hasn't yet removed or revised his listing, so I sent him a message about it also. We'll see if two people pointing it out gets his attention. I gave him the model number of the Czech mine so he can google it to verify what I told him. The auction ends in about a day, so we'll see soon enough if he's an honest seller or not.

I included lexpev's link in my email to the seller. Have not received a response as of Thursday evening.

I received a friendly reply from him this morning, thanking me for the info and saying that he'd updated the listing. Glad that he did the right thing there, but I wonder if he'll give the bidders a chance to back out? They're not likely to read the item description again and the auction title is still the same.

The update to the listing simply says this;
[Information added 1/6/2017 9:55:26 AM]
I have been told by a Couple of People that this is a Czech Training Mine not a German One! FYI

It still says WW2, it still says German, it still says 1944. If he wanted to do the right thing he would cancel the listing, remove the fake waffenamt and 1944 date from the item, and relist it with the correct description.

Last edited:
You need to change your writing to white on the edit, can't see it
I

The update to the listing simply says this;
[Information added 1/6/2017 9:55:26 AM]
I have been told by a Couple of People that this is a Czech Training Mine not a German One! FYI

It still says WW2, it still says German, it still says 1944. If he wanted to do the right thing he would cancel the listing, remove the fake waffenamt and 1944 date from the item, and relist it with the correct description.

I agree that he didn't do enough to make it right. He should cancel it and re-list it correctly. I'd like to see those fake stamps removed as well.

Last edited: