What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving Private Ryan Bazooka.

BMG50

Premium Member
Anyone know where i can get my original Saving Private Ryan film prop Bazooka valued, made of steel and wood to exact tolerances as per original spec. 5 where only made for the film, i have one of them. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure anywhere will tell you a value as too few were made....you could subscribe to the Salerno and see the price of the last one sold there ...assuming one was.
The only other option is list it on eBay

Tried Propstore what a useless bunch, I asked for a valuation stating that it's not for sale, but asked me what I wanted for it and that they were not interested in buying it but still no valuation, talk about dealing with the thick.

Here are some pictures of it, what do you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_20170111_144128769.jpg
    IMG_20170111_144128769.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20170111_144201826.jpg
    IMG_20170111_144201826.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 43
Put an advert on milweb.net and ask people for offers. You don't have to sell it and you will get an idea of what people are willing to pay. I would think that the film connection will add little to the value and most buyers will see it simply as a used replica. If it's any help, a new steel/wood replica from crossfire costs £240.

Being a film prop, it's never likely to be worth a great deal, though 'value' is a subjective thing. Out of interest, if you have no interest in selling it, why do you need a value?

Film Props can go for silly money.

If someone wants it they can pay a lot for it. One of the uniforms from Saving Private Ryan went for $15,000...

If i did eventually sell it on, one, i wouldn't want to give it away, the same as if it were stolen or damaged, as with everyone else they would like to know the value of what they had, wouldn't you?

Being a film prop, it's never likely to be worth a great deal, though 'value' is a subjective thing. Out of interest, if you have no interest in selling it, why do you need a value?

Saving Private Ryan is quite an iconic war film especially compared to the 1960s war films. They made five of these Bazookas as originals were rare and too valuable to use in the film. I think they used a Bazooka twice in the film, i also have a 20 round create seen in the film when they first meet up with Ryan in the town. When i first got the Bazooka it came from a prop supplier of the film who also helped on the set, who bought tons of props when they finished the film. The bazooka still had residue of soot in the bore when they used pyro through it, could be one of the five that was used in the actual film. As for the quality of the copy i compared it to an original, spot on knocks spots of crossfire replicas and other knock offs.

Film Props can go for silly money.

If someone wants it they can pay a lot for it. One of the uniforms from Saving Private Ryan went for $15,000...