What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random pics whilst on the Coronado Island

sksvlad

Some are interesting. January is off season here, people flock to this place during summer when it is unbearably hot. Go figure. Almost forgot, the famous Coronado brunch is $95 per PERSON, sorry I'll never know how it tastes. There are really good restaurants around for a fraction of this price.
DSCF2348.jpgDSCF2350.jpgDSCF2351.jpgDSCF2352.jpgDSCF2354.jpgDSCF2355.jpgDSCF2356.jpgDSCF2357.jpgDSCF2358.jpgDSCF2347.jpgDSCF2360.jpgDSCF2361.jpgDSCF2362.jpgDSCF2363.jpgDSCF2364.jpgDSCF2365.jpgDSCF2366.jpgDSCF2367.jpgDSCF2368.jpgDSCF2369.jpg

Last edited:
You were in the People's Republic of California with a mild to severe disposition towards objects that were affiliated with the military, and they did not send you to prison as a terrorist?

Ha-ha-ha, sorry, Ja-ja-ja, in Spanish. San Diego is an exception to the anti-military rule in California, it is probably the highest concentration of military bases in US, this city would not exist without the military. So they cringe and say "thank you for your service".
DSCF2343.jpg

Last edited:
View of the above barrier from the other side. Difficult to imagine this not being the exit.
DSCF8457.jpgDSCF8488.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8456.jpg
    DSCF8456.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The aviator's house in the original post added another photo after cleaning the rest of the display. Here it is.
DSCF8654.jpgDSCF8657.jpgDSCF8658.jpg

Yes, USS Midway is a big tourist attraction, here is my post from last year http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/98287-USS-Midway-San-Diego-California. Of all the things in San Diego, Camp Pendleton EOD was the biggest surprise to me. I just came back from Edwards AFB, shall post as soon as I adjust and sort all the pics. What a place!!! Everything there is one of a kind, most things are prototypes.
I love Skyhawk too, because it is so cute being the smallest bomber ever made, and because I can actually recognize it, and because it was the sole witness of Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Last edited: