What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L106 a3 fuze

ABBOT1989

Premium Member
HI guys

ive recently been getting an L106 A3 fuze its the first fuze in my collection . does anyone have any information on it . ive searched the net and cant find anything . and also does anyone have a list of all the fuzes that can be used with 105mm FD shells

thanks shaun

Just got some new batterys for the camera so heres the pics of the L106A3 fuze its only missing the screw on plate that covers the booster at the bottom . does anyone have one spare laid about also im looking for the transport tin or does anyone have a pic of the correct tin and markings

thanks shaun

Hello Shaun.....my User Handbook for Abbot, dated 1971 lists the following fuzes. I know there are more recent fuzes that can be used , for Fd,but this might help a little.
L58A1
L81A1
L92A1
L33A1
L33A2
L34A1
L34A2
M520
L32A2
L85A1
M51A5
M557
L27A1
L27A2
The book also mentions, rather vaguely, L36, L62 and L66....but I think thses were the "parent" fuzes of a whole host of later fuzes. Not certain. If I can be of further help...I'll try.
Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt and exat808 . sorry for the late reply but was on night shift and just managed to crawl out of me pit there perfect exactly what i needed your both stars . i will have to go on a fuze hunt now i didnt relize there was that many . again the pair of you thankyou very much

thanks shaun