What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with 75mm R M310 series

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

Does anyone could help me to understand changes of construction of 75mm M310 shells.

Diagram on Tm 43000128 shows a bi bloc head (adapter + cap). Is it a post ww2 construction ?

All M310a1 I saw were made with one piece cap. Could I missed an invisible junction groove between cap and adapter ?

Maybe good pictures with details could help.

Regards

75R doc 1994.jpg

75mm m310a1.jpg

Last edited:
Sebastian, the example you show isn't manufactured the same way as the U.S. Ammo drawing. Your model shows the windscreen all the way to the main body. It might have an adaptor inside the windscreen, or it was drawn in one piece and treaded to screw into the main body.

Sebastian, the example you show isn't manufactured the same way as the U.S. Ammo drawing. Your model shows the windscreen all the way to the main body. It might have an adaptor inside the windscreen, or it was drawn in one piece and treaded to screw into the main body.

Yes that's why I try to understand, most common 75mm M315A1 are made with a one piece cap and not with the same way as drawing.

In the manufacturing world, eliminating a part from an assembly is usually a cost savings in a number of ways. The drawing goes back to WWII when the U.S. invented it.