What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vutma-4

If I had to choose, I would go with what the manual calls it. The information on Lex's site was often supplied by people who are hobbyists and not experts, and while most of the info is accurate I have seen a few errors over the years. Lex would correct these as they were found, but he hasn't updated his site in a very long time so some have remained there.

The addition of the "V" to the nomenclature means it's the training version, also indicated by the yellow paint. I don't know what the "H" means, but I notice that I also see it on chemical fuzes for AP mines, so it could indicate the chemical component.

This page also shows a discrepancy between the title, manual and the label on the fuze box. The box is for the trainers, so maybe they drop the H on the training version? Don't know. http://www.lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniters/yugoslavia/vutma3.html

Last edited:
Unfortunatly I do not speak Yugoslavian language(s) - here what I did find by checking the original Manuals that I got:

1.) As far as I can undertsand V as first letter stands for Practice-Version / Also the Yellow Colour does indicate a Practice-Version.

2.) UTMA-3 is a fuze for the (live) Mine TMA-3; so practice-version would be VUTMA-3

3.) UTMA-4 is a fuze for the (live) Mine TMA-4; so practice-version would be VUTMA-4

--> Difference between UTMA-3 and UTMA-4 is that UTMA-3 has a Detonator type No.8 and UTMA-4 has a built-in small Detonator-capsel

--> I found in different (original-Yugo) Manuals both Version with and without the "H" as last letter in the Designation, so this might indicate a subtype, unfortunatly the drawings are not too detailed and are more coarse schematics to find out any difference in the same Fuze-Mine-number (with - compared to without "H"). Sorry for not comming up with something better.

Cheers,

Zorro

Joe,

I have a document (označavanje municija i minsko-eksplozivnih) mentioning UTMAH-1 (for TMA-1 & 2) and UTMAH-3 (TMA-3)...
Guess that the UTMAH-4 designation does exis (but it's not in this publication)

Attachments

• UTMAH.jpg
    UTMAH.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 14
Joe,

I have a document (označavanje municija i minsko-eksplozivnih) mentioning UTMAH-1 (for TMA-1 & 2) and UTMAH-3 (TMA-3)...
Guess that the UTMAH-4 designation does exis (but it's not in this publication)

...OOPS double post.... must have done something wrong ;-)