What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Artillery Ammunition Volume 1

Burney Davis

Premium Member
A just released book on early British Artillery Ammunition, this is a fantastic reference book for anyone interested in early artillery. It really is a labour of love containing 520 A4 pages with many original colour plates. It is the first of three volumes, the other two being in the process of being written. A sample of its content is below.

A copy can be purchased directly from the author. If anyone is interested in a copy and is going to Stoneleigh on the 29th January I will have one of the books to look at. If you buy/want to buy a copy contact me in advance I can give you the book at Stoneleigh and you can save on the postage. It is a very heavy volume. I have no financial interest in the sale of these books.

DSCN1652.jpgDscn1661.jpgDSCN1663.jpgDscn1667.jpg

British Artillery Ammunition.

Volume1: Smooth Bore, Armstrong Rifle Breech Loading & Rifle Muzzle Loading
The “British Artillery Ammunition– Volume 1” consists of a hardback, section sewn, Cherry red linen finishcovers with 520 pages of 115 gsm silk paper at A4 size page (297 x 210 mm or11.7 x 8.3 in in old money) and weighs 2.3 kg. Volume2 – QF Fixed & Separateand Volume 3 – B.L, both up to the 1920s, will be to the same format.This book retails at £115.00 plus postage of £12.90 UK (Paypalavailable). For further information or to purchase a copy of this limitedpublication please contact "
bmsofuses@virginmedia.com". Summary ofContent

Introduction

Propellants and OtherMaterials.
Gunpowder.
Manufacturingmethods
Powder types.
Cordite
Manufacturingmethods.
Otherexplosives and propellants.
Metalsand other materials.

OrdnanceIgnition.
Earlyignition,