What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help To ID The CRAZIEST UNUSUAL 37mm EVER!

apfsds

Premium Member
I am posting photos for a friend of mine that has the most unusual 37mm he would like help with to hopefully identify. Any help would be super appreciated!

Jason

37tube-1b.jpg37tube-2b.jpg37tube-3b.jpg37tube1.jpg37tube2.jpg37tube3.jpg37tube4.jpg37tube5.JPG

Last edited:
Having seen over 200 different 37m artillery shells, I have to think this is no projectile for a gun. If not for a made up piece to drive collectors mad, it is hard to think of a use for this thing.

The .410 shell may have fit, so it got stuffed in the hole. As others have surmised, this probably has nothing to do with a gun. Still interesting.

I personally think this is purpose built something. Maybe not a projectile but I doubt it is a fake thingamabob. I also thought it could be a harbor part or maybe even an old avalanche thing? It is very old and highly engineered. My friend got it from someone who bought it cheep at a Flea Market, LOL. It has an old brass ID plate but the printing is in bad condition that makes it almost impossible to read.

Jason

I agree. Not a fake thingamabob. Could be a thingamajig, but those are crafted from unobtanium, so, without molecular testing, it'll be hard to determine. Definitely a thingamasomething. Leaning to it being part of a turbo encabulator..

This may help explain it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well done for persistence.
It looks as though someone has stuck a .410 shotgun cartridge in the end to make life interesting.

BINGO! Can't thank you enough for tracking down the truth on this, RECCETROOPE! Thank you so much! Impressed you were able to read the ID plate! Super grateful!

Jason