What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.303 British chargers from India

sksvlad

I think these 2 MkII chargers are from India. I bought them together and took pics side-by-side because their poorly visible markings complement each other. Am I right these are Indian?
DSCF2684.jpgDSCF2685.jpgDSCF2686.jpgDSCF2687.jpg

Yes - KF for Kirkee, and Indian stores acceptance stamp (broad arrow over letter I).

In case you weren't aware, the rounds all appear to be Woolwich (R^L) manufactured Armour Piercing (W I.)

TimG

Snufkin is quite correct in his identification of the KF marking. These are of the 1st pattern of the Mark II with the unnecessary extra "bump" on the wall of the charger. This bump was deleted in later production without changing the Mark number. The loading of these chargers, ten 1938 A.P. mark W 1 is surprising.

gravelbelly

Nice find they only manufactured MkII & MkIII bit of a puzzling match of rounds though :) I am sure I have a spare MkIII one spare if you are looking for the set. I will definitly have the correct rounds to go with them as well but not sure if got 10 spare.

Rich

Thanks for help everyone. I realize that this 1938 ammo is not original. It came with the chargers. I bought a bag of various loaded chargers, each was $7, there were 7 of them in a bag. I asked the seller for a discount for buying all of them, he refused. Then I asked how much the whole bag was. He closed his eyes, did some math in his head, and said: "42 dollars".