What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.303 Brit " FN * " blank

sksvlad

How come I don't see .303 British blanks more often at gun shows? Are they uncommon or I am just absent minded?
DSCF2690.jpgFN .303 brit.jpg

Last edited:
We see plenty of British manufactured .303" blanks(shorter neck than the Belgian example you show) at shows over here.

probably because there was never any need or use for them.i did see a few when I lived in California for awhile,mainly the wood tip blanks which are good for reenactors who use bren guns.

Prvi Partizan (PPU) produces a line of brass cased blanks including the British .303 (item A-375 in the 2016 catalog, item PP3.7 in the 2017 catalog). These .303 blanks show up in the U.S. quite regularly, packaged in white 15 round cartons. A very quick internet search shows some places (in the U.S.) that carry this blank are currently SOLD OUT at the moment, so there is a supply and there is a demand for .303 blanks in the U.S. I would assume the U.S. is not the only market for PPU produced blanks since they produce blanks in a number of calibers and seem to have a ready supply on hand.

PPU 2017 catalog (U.S.A edition) section covering blank ammunition: http://www.ppu-usa.com/catalog/#page/27

Brian

Last edited:
They are not rare over here in the UK, I see a few at all the shows. I see quite a mix of .303 blanks really but then again I am specificaly looking for .303 rounds so I look a bit harder :)

thanks for the link

Rich

Last edited: