What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone here help by translating some German?

Nismosonic

As per title I have a piece of fabric clearly dated 1940 with German ink pressed characters on it, I have no idea what it is.
I bought a box that an 11 year old boy collected bomb fragments from the streets of London before he was sent out to Northampton, this piece of fabric was in this box. Also in box is metal mg links look 50 cal, and others poss .30??
theres a metal cover for a 80 MKIV VSM made fuse, sections of AA shell driving bands, 2 burned tails from incendiaries,
couple of .50 cases WRA 1940 and a lot of metal shell and bomb fragments (Shrapnell to some), there's also some black paper strips rolled up with silver paper on one side.
The German fabric is very odd though. I can't post pics here, if someone can help pm me an email address and I'll send the pics.
thanks.