What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headstamp ID: Three 75mm Cases

peregrinvs

Hi,
A friend has sent me these pictures of three 75mm cases he has. Could someone give me the details on the headstamps? I assume two are French, but I'm not sure about the third.
Thanks,
Mark
75mm 1.jpg75mm 2.jpg75mm 3.jpg

Hello,
I assume they are three cases of 75x350, if they are not cut down.
The first is the classical headstamp on cases for the Army ( Guerre ). At 12 o'clock the calibre 75 DEC ( 75 DE Campagne ), at 6 o'clock the manufacturer, the lot number, the year and the metal furnisher. PDPs is Pinchart Deny à Paris ( manufacturer very common ) 1848 L 17 : 1848th Lot of 1917, And I don't know who is P.
The second is a lot rarer. It is the same case ( if not cut down reglementary to 200mm ) but for the Navy. 75 M 97 G is for 75 Modèle 1897 Guerre ( the Army ), MAI is Manufacture d'Armes d'Issy-les-Moulineaux, 12 L 26 12th lot of 1926 and D the metal furnisher: Compagnie du cuivre et duralumin à Dives. It is curious because on cases for the Navy The metal supplier is omitted.
The third is a Belgian manufacture. 75GP = 75 à Grande Puissance in opposite of the 75x280 stamped 75 TR = 75 à Tir Rapide. I don't know who is the manufacturer C B.
Regards,
Dandebur.

Agree with the above. The first case is potentially Bulgarian, then it would have 75x282 case dimensions and an adjustment of the side of the bottom rim (lead layer).