What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War and Peace Show returning to the Hop Farm ?

What going on over there??? Have already booked accommodation near Hythe for show ! Revival website still shows same dates at Hythe
Anyone know what is really going on......?

Part of an email received from W & P today -

"The team here at the War and Peace group, former owners and organisers of the world’s biggest military vehicle spectacular, are very excited to learn that The War and Peace Revival is going home this year!

After a four year absence, the show will be returning to The Hop Farm at Paddock Wood in Kent, exactly 30 years after the IMPS military show first moved to the former Whitbread Hop Farm in 1987!

We’d like to wish many congratulations and luck to John, Annie, Jamie and all the team at The War and Peace Revival on going “back to Beltring”!

What going on over there??? Have already booked accommodation near Hythe for show ! Revival website still shows same dates at Hythe
Anyone know what is really going on......?

don't worry Skippy there's a train that runs from Hythe to paddock wood,,, quicker than driving, if any one know whats going on please post it here and any dealers booked a pitch,,,,,,, Dave

don't worry Skippy there's a train that runs from Hythe to paddock wood,,, quicker than driving, if any one know whats going on please post it here and any dealers booked a pitch,,,,,,, Dave
Bugger the train Dave ( although if your still using your motorways to park trucks train might be better ) just trying to contact the place we used to stay at near paddock wood hopefully we can get in there again . Or me and the missus might just bring our swags over and camp at your place Dave lol . Looking forward to catching up with you all again where ever the bloody thing is!

Sure thing Skippy ( Tully tadpole ) your always welcome. ... at Stoneleigh show today and the show organisers were selling pitches for this year. Expect high prices for items as there screwing every dealer for the pitches, each end pitch that's corner ones have to pay extra £100 per pitch at end corners so Ben stall cost him extra £400 yes £400,,,,,,, please correct me if I am wrong which I hope I am.......... Dave

Every one seems to be squeezing all the money they can get for anything these days.
I shared a pitch at Stonleigh this weekend,and they are very small,but every pitch seemed to be sold.
Glad the show is back at Hop farm though,at least I drive 5 1/2 hrs,instead of 6 1/4 hrs.
Tim.

Isn't it nice fond memories of the Hop Farm, just shows that time is a great healer, 19 out of the 25 years that it was at the hop farm, at the first sniff of rain the place turned into a quagmire and I doubt they have sorted the drainage out. I will now have to dig out my wellies to take with me just in case.
Rich