What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian Mills Bomb Chatco filler plug seal

BMG50

Premium Member
Seen a Canadian Mills, Chatco lever and S marked body and base plug which has a sealed filling plug with the red sealing compound and markings in yellow writing, is this normal for Mills bomb filler plugs to be sealed this way or was it typical of Canadian Chatco grenades. The filling has been removed by opening up the center tube inside by a series of holes.
There also seems to be two versions of Chatco lever markings, this one has plain stamp lettering the other type ornate Chatco logo. looking

Attachments

• canaidian mills.jpg
    canaidian mills.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I've seen some post WW2 Mills sealed with a 'red lead' type paint. 60's to 70's.

Most of the ChatCo Mills I've seen were from the Dutch training source and were repainted. I've got a WW2 Chatco Mills in my collection (not from Holland) and it has a brass filler screw that seems bedded in some sort of dark sealant.

John