What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown aluminium fuze

Stuka

Hello,

I recently found this aluminium fuze.
Unfortunately, I can't find any markings or other giveaways about its origin, it is really a plain one :(
It measures 2,5" in length (6,35cm), 3/4" in diameter at the top (1,9cm) and 2,5" in diameter at the base.
Is there anyone who recognizes this fuze?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.
f1.jpg

f2.jpg

I think it is only a part of a fuze, like AZ 23.
But it can be any similar fuze.
Bob

If the wide end is threaded internally it may be a nose fairing from a fuze, for example the British No. 221. Not sure how long the fairing for that was.

Wrong shape for a 221..they are much more pointed. It's difficult to say without any measurements, but it looks American....maybe Mech Time Fuze M67A1...at a guess. In my humble opinion that is.

If the wide end is threaded internally it may be a nose fairing from a fuze, for example the British No. 221. Not sure how long the fairing for that was.
It is indeed threaded internally.

fz1.jpg

It's difficult to say without any measurements, but it looks American...
It measures 2,5" in length (6,35cm), 3/4" in diameter at the top (1,9cm) and 2,5" in diameter at the base. However, the base seems to have deformed a bit due to the explosion.

Last edited:
Then probably is a fairing for a fuze. I see that yours has a central recess on the underside. Does it continue to the forward end? If so, think Percussion Direct Action, for location of a striker. Does the front end have a lip that could retain a wind shield disc?

Yes, it does continue to the forwards end, there are also some remains of what was once a lip for the disc. Many thanks.