What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Libby Glass Company-Land Mine prototype

rldarmstr

image3.JPGimage2.JPGimage1.JPG

Anyone know what this glass land mine would be worth? Apparently rather rare. Made by the Libby glass company during WWII.

Apperently very rare. I've never even heard of this type of mine.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Regards, DJH

Not sure if this is the same mine or not, without close comparison and measurements. My understanding was that it was a glass variation of the WWII M5 Non-magnetic AT mine, which was normally ceramic. Like the other wartime mines, there are numerous variants. All are hard to find, but they are around. I've got one in glass, two in ceramic.

IMG_1502.jpgIMG_1504.jpgIMG_1504a.jpgIMG_1505.jpgIMG_1506.jpgIMG_1507.jpg

This mine belongs to a collector friend of mine. He ran it on Gun Broker starting around $600 (I think) but didn't get any hits. I believe that he was basing his price on the "Live Auction" listing of this device which listed the price range of $500 - $1500. The auction closed at $525. In any case, to help him out I listed this mine here and at a couple other forums hoping to get some idea of a fair price for the thing. Is $525 the going price or did someone get a real bargain? Like many other people I had never seen or heard of this mine before.