What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.5-inch

What information do you actually require? Picture wise, I've got three small B+W images on an A5 ish page showing an 100lb and an 80lb HE round and a smoke round. They show very little detail.

TimG

Looking for pictures, even drawings, of the different types of rounds. I know in the manuals they usually have some good pictures.

Joe

Those are beautiful Harry! I'm still trying to find an HE projo to go with my charge bags.

I do not know what you require, but here is a marking plate showing the Pre 1944, '44 to '48 and '48 to'51 marking systems for Shell 5.5" HE 80 lbs. See the different painted black areas below the driving band indicating a reduced weight shell. The standard shell HE weight is 100 lbs. In these systems the shell Basic Body Colour (BBC) was Buff Middle.

Attachments

• Shell 5.5" HE 80lbs - 1.jpg
    Shell 5.5" HE 80lbs - 1.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: