What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.95" Mark III case 1906

roller63

Premium Member
I have seen a shell case on my travels, the headstamp is: 2.95" III V.S.M 1906. Is this anything out of the ordinary ? Thanks in advance for any info.

I have never seen a case, but it is for the 2.95 QF Mountain Gun. The case should be 6.25" long

30 guns were bought by the British Army and 90 by the US Army. The British Army declared them obsolete in 1920, but there were used by the US in the Second World War.

Thanks very much for the info. Not a common item then ? A quick net search only brought up a recently sold US case from WW2.

I think they are more common than one would expect, I've had a few and no one seems interested in the one I have left, its just marked VS&M.

I tried to get a pair of these at auction but missed out. Weren't these guns sent out to Africa ?

I think they are more common than one would expect, I've had a few and no one seems interested in the one I have left, its just marked VS&M.
I am interested in the one you have left if it's still around

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk