What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWI IMPERIAL RUSSIAN "BUCKET LIST" Grenade

timmymac

After years of looking, A WWI m1917 gas grenade. Pretty proud of this one boys!

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2909.jpg
    IMG_2909.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 76
Is the soldering original? Has it just been stripped of surface rust / paint?

John

WOW! What a find! Congratulations on adding this uber rare grenade to your collection.
This one may not have been originally painted, but simply constructed of tinned sheet metal. I have the incendiary version which is bare, plated metal with soldered seams and the faint remnants of a red painted band around the body closest to the handle which denoted incendiary. It has spent it's life indoors as a display and is 100% original. Pat

john, its original soldering to the best of my knowledge and according to guys that are more knowlegable than I. all examples ive seen of this grenade look almost identical. not much of an answer I know but about all I have.

john, its original soldering to the best of my knowledge and according to guys that are more knowlegable than I. all examples ive seen of this grenade look almost identical. not much of an answer I know but about all I have.

Cheers Tim

I saw one of these Russian WW1 grenades at a fair here a while ago. It was the type with square box head and the finish and soldering were identical. I had wondered if it has been reassembled or made from parts, but I now think (seeing yours) that it was original. John