What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW2 20x110 Oerlikon S.A.P.I. ?

pzgr40/42

Hey all,

Perhaps you could help me trying to solve a couple of questions.

For some time now some drawings I found have been bothering me, as in, could there be any truth to them.

The drawings show a 20mm (20x110RR Oerlikon) S.A.P.I. shell (indentified in accompanying text as being German) and the headstamp of a WW2 German (20x110RR) Oerlikon casing.

Was something like a 20x110RR Oerlikon S.A.P.I. round ever manufactured in wartime Germany (including occupied territories)?

Did the Germans use captured stock of these rounds or were captured shells (or shells manufactured under occupation) ever loaded on casings of German manufacture?

Is there any documentation regarding this subject or does anyone know of any period pieces?

Might 20x110 S.A.P.I. shells have been loaded postwar to wartime stock of German casings for use in the armed forces of the then young BRD?

In advance thanks very much,

Menno.