What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two old german trench mortars

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hi all,
Today, during a walk, I found two trench mortars at the entrance of a property.
After I asked for permission, I took some pictures.
Apparently, it would be two 24cm schwerer flügelminewerfer Albrecht, but an unknown improved version of 1918.
One have the number No 155 and the other No 157

http://www.passioncompassion1418.com/Canons/AfficheCanonGET.php?IdCanonAffiche=225

Enjoy the pictures

Yoda

Attachments

• 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-01.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-01.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-02.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-02.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-03.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-03.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 88
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-04.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-04.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-05.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-05.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 84
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-06.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-06.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-07.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-07.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-08.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-08.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-10.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-10.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 24cm sFlMW Albrecht-11.jpg
    24cm sFlMW Albrecht-11.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 58
As this post is now two years old I would like to inquire if there is an update on this two unusual mortars? There is no update on the French website, but I really wonder why the only two known mortars of this type are found in this place. Odd, isnt it?

Having thought about this a bit it seems to me that the barrel is a french 240mm Flügelminenwerfer. It seems to be numbered No 155 which would mean either number or numero (english or french) but not the German Nummer (nr.)

here another one:

http://www.passioncompassion1418.com/Canons/Eng_AfficheCanonGET.php?IdCanonAffiche=1257 which apears to be a german "24 cm Flügelminenwerfer Albrecht". But it seems many different designs of the Albrecht existed...

and this one:

http://www.passioncompassion1418.com/Canons/Eng_AfficheCanonGET.php?IdCanonAffiche=159 sadly the picture of the type label isn't very good.

The "No." isn't an indication for not beeing german as we used this abbreviation a lot just until after 2nd WW. There's a disscussion about german usage of "No." somewhere in the IAA forum. I am not a member there but supplied some documents for this thread.

Thank you! The second one is the version which I know. The first one is still a mystery for me. I would like to see that label as a closeup.
And I was wrong about the No, I should have researched that before posting. Some things do change over time