What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct ID needed. Described as " 75MM Shell".

What is it? The Maw and Paw auction advertises it only as a 75MM shell. Notice the driving band, a dead give away for someone who knows...not me. What 3 inch, 76MM or 75MM has a raised driving band?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 98
Hi,
The projectile looks like the style used in the M41 Walker Bulldog. But i cant be 100% certain about the case

Th case should be 76.2mm x 580mm in length, and marked T19E1B1 (Remove B1 if not steel, which i think it is) ... the projectile is therefore 76mm and should be marked T64 for the HE. As you say, the biggest give away is the driving band which should sit with the majority of it inside the case.

The guys in your side if the pond should be able to tell you alot more... and correct me if needed !!

Last edited:
Like RichardB said, 76mm, Walker Bulldog. That doesn't look like the right case though. It looks like a 76mm M26B1 case for the Super Sherman, or a 75mm Skysweeper case.

Hello,

To add informations,
I saw in a museum exactly same shell with the same thinned body with yellow markings 76G, COMP B, SHELL T64.
And maybe same family as 76mm M352 (with a straighter body)

Regards

76.jpg

source BOCN - M8owner 76mm T64 :

walker bulldog 76mm he T64.jpg

Last edited: