Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LCplCombat View Post
    You just need the plastic bag that envelopes the foam top and bottom now.
    Do you have a picture or other description, is it anything special or just a clear plastic bag?

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reccetrooper View Post
    Do you have a picture or other description, is it anything special or just a clear plastic bag?
    Did you take a sharp intake of breath when you read that?

Its that thick clear, polythene plastic, folded and shrink wrapped around the foam packaging. It has to be cut to gain access to the contents so you won't get a complete one.
    "Any live or recovered ordnance in my posts has been dealt with by trained EOD personnel"

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Barbeques on fire by the chalets past the castle headland
    I watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off the Newborough gate
    All these moments will be lost in time, like icecream on the beach
    Time for tea.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LCplCombat For This Useful Post:

reccetrooper (22nd July 2017)

Premium Member
    Thanks

L5A5 Baton

Purchased at Beltring today. Here is an H83 Mk2 tin that originally held 25 rounds Anti Riot 1.5 Inch Baton Medium Range L5A5.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by reccetrooper; 28th July 2017 at 09:06 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

hangarman (1st September 2019), roller63 (28th July 2017)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Anti-Riot 1.5 Inch L8A1 Proof Round

A lucky find on eBay, an M2A1 tin for Anti-Riot 1.5 Inch L8A1 proof rounds. Lot 001 loaded at Brock's Fireworks, Sanquhar, Scotland in February 1987.

I would love to get an inert/empty L8A1 Proof round if anyone has one.

The tin is a repurposed American tin made by S.C.F. (Standard Container Co. NJ) in 1974-75. Originally dark green, now brown both inside and out. The outline of the original stencilling is visible if the tin is held at the right angle in the right light. It reads as 1140 CTGS 5.56 MM BLANK M 200 CARTONS LOT LC 60-186

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by reccetrooper; 22nd August 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

batonroundcollector (29th August 2019), hangarman (1st September 2019), roller63 (22nd August 2019)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Do you have pic of that round?
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by batonroundcollector View Post
    Do you have pic of that round?
    The L8A1 Proof, no I haven’t seen one and have no picture or illustration so I don’t know what it looks like.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    me neither... so is L8A1 the designation for the proof round for a type of round (with a different designation) that was in service?
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    me neither... so is L8A1 the designation for the proof round for a type of round (with a different designation) that was in service?
    I expect that Proof Round means it is for proofing a 1.5” bore riot gun, (Federal 201, L48A1/A2, or L67A1).

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Ah ok sorry, for testing the weapon itself... I thought maybe it was a prototype round. Would proofing be done at certain intervals in weapon’s life (i.e. after so many standard rounds fired), as well as done at factory/after leaving factory? Would proof round contain same projectile as reg round but with greater propellant load then?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Ah ok sorry, for testing the weapon itself... I thought maybe it was a prototype round. Would proofing be done at certain intervals in weapon’s life (i.e. after so many standard rounds fired), as well as done at factory/after leaving factory? Would proof round contain same projectile as reg round but with greater propellant load then?
    Good questions. I don’t know the proof rules/procedures for arms within the military. Maybe someone knows, or can provide some information on the L8A1 Proof Round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12