What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG booster charges/accessories

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
re plastic containers for propelling charges - are there any similar cases for round/projectile itself or just propelling charges? do the different colours indicate differences in propelling charges - i.e. size charge/range or is colour just dependent on country of manufacture/factory?

also, in addition to rounds and boosters, is anything else carried in the backpacks for RPG gunners/assistants?

Last edited:
Better late than never:tinysmile_twink_t:

are there any similar cases for round/projectile itself or just propelling charges?

Usually, the grenades are wrapped in plastic bags prior shipping. The piezo element on the tip often has a small protective cap made out of clear or green plastic (same material as the propelling charge containers). Its inscription states to remove the cap prior putting the grenade into the pouch.

5811617041c08f5a03d47700c304.jpg

There is one exception with PG-7R and TBG-7 grenades. They use a different propelling charge. To prevent mix-ups and accidents, the propelling charge comes already attached the the rocket motor. Therefore, the transport tube is much longer.

TCYPc.jpg

Hovever, Iran manufactures a plastic container for the standard PG-7 grenade as well:

57440361.jpg

do the different colours indicate differences in propelling charges - i.e. size charge/range or is colour just dependent on country of manufacture/factory?

Color is just dependent on the manufacturer, only the markings are essential.

also, in addition to rounds and boosters, is anything else carried in the backpacks for RPG gunners/assistants?

The gunner carries in addition to two grenades, a cleaning rod, a small toolkit and some spare firing pins in his pouch.

Last edited:
resurrecting this old thread as have just bought some Bulgarian and Russian booster containers... the former are plastic and the latter cardboard... did one type replace the other or were/are both in production concurrently?

interested in different designs if anyone has any/knows where I can buy (I bought via the two listings I could find on ebay)...

I can't answer your questions about the packaging any more than that already answered, but maybe this screen-capture of a spreadsheet I created some time ago may help with any other questions.

RPG-7 Round Components.jpg