What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McDonald's in France and BOCN

Millsman

Premium Member
Last week I was in France and when I tried to log on to BOCN in McDonald's (my normal free wifi access in France) I got a message saying 'You are not allowed to access this site'.

Looks like they want to stop terrorists using McDo's to access anything about ordnance, weapons etc.

John

You're in a country with one of the most refined kitchen of Europe...... and you eat at freaking mcdonalds?:neutral: God help us.:tinysmile_cry_t3:

Last edited:
Being vegetarian I go there for the wifi and the coffee. McD's is one of the few places you can get a decent latte in France.

You're in a country with one of the most refined kitchen of Europe...... and you eat at freaking mcdonalds?:neutral: God help us.:tinysmile_cry_t3:

For a country supposed to have the best cuisine, how come you can hardly get a decent coffee there?

Hell is where the Americans are chefs, French are engineers and the British are lovers.

I dont think it is France as a country, its Mcdonalds. I have tried accessing the BOCN from my local Mcdonalds and it is block there too.

My work blocks anything with the word "ammo" but since BOCN is "ordnance", I enjoy 24 hour logon to this websitw at work. IAA is blocked.

For a country supposed to have the best cuisine, how come you can hardly get a decent coffee there?

For that, you keep driving north until you see the "welkom in Nederland" sign. We'll make you a cup that'll keep you awake for the next two weeks.:pepsi:

Hell is where the Americans are chefs, French are engineers and the British are lovers.

A full version.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the
mechanics German, the lovers Italian and it's all organised by the
Swiss.

Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the
lover's Swiss, the police German and it's all organised by the Italians.

Things have changed. GB has almost top chefs as many as the French now.

Guys,

Have you thought of installing a VPN Client on your PC /Mobile device?

It will setup an encryption tunnel to a VPN Server in another country and you should be able to bypass the internet filter and access BOCN from there.

Cheers
D

BTW - you should be using a VPN Client if using ANY free WiFi service as there is no protection (non-encrypted data between your device and the AP)- the guy sitting next to you in the Cafe is probably a hacker waiting for you to "log" onto something.............

Last edited:

Maybe you should ask that question of the FRENCH - who just seem to love McDo's as an alternative to their own cuisine.

BTW - you should be using a VPN Client if using ANY free WiFi service as there is no protection (non-encrypted data between your device and the AP)- the guy sitting next to you in the Cafe is probably a hacker waiting for you to "log" onto something.............

Exactly! For example BOCN Login as it isn't using a SSL / HTTPS connection. So may be easy children work to steal the password.

When I was in Caen the other week, as a vegetarian, I found it quite hard to get some thing decent to eat, other than cheese.. and more cheese :rolleyes:

The Coffee was excellent and so was the beer (French beer), but, after a few days, I found some decent eateries, who would listen to what food I wanted.. and cooked it just for me!

Pasta, omelettes, lots of vegetables, you name it.. the French cooked it and did me proud.

So, good Coffee, followed by lovely fresh food, followed by nice cold beer.. and then off to enjoy some Tiger/Panthers.

Pure heaven!

Vive La France :congrats: