What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

76mm Bulldog, 75mm Skysweeper arrived.

Just in from the ma and paw auction. 1) "Lot MUC -1-11 1952 76mm T64 tiny ordnance stamp , Fuze, PD M51A5, 05 Sec."
2) "WCN-5-11-1955-75MM- T50E2, Fuze, M51A5 Empty. MA-SB-53. 12-53." Questions- Both projectiles have the letters " SS" stamped on them, two spots and the Skysweeper has a point impact fuze. Thoughts and comments welcomed. Also in the lot was an unfired steel 57mm casing, pristine. Headstamp in ink- "Lot CCO.3 8 1944, 57MM M23A2B1 small flaming bomb ", no primer. What is the correct projectile? Many thanks as the auction listed this in three seperate lots, the shell casings and projectiles were listed seperate and not assembled, it took knowledge provided here to realize the puzzle ( and luck in my part by winning all three lots).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Forgot, this 75mm blank casing was included, marked, "75MM.M18 lot CB&Co -146 1943".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 11
76MM assembled. Took some force to seat it in the case. I lightly lubed the case with CLP. I wonder why it was never assembled? Unusual looking round, the case is an odd greenish color, hopefully correct.....running out of room....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I noticed the SS stamps on your projectiles. This was a method of marking inert-loaded projectiles at the Yuma Proving Ground. It stands for Safe Steel. They are both faded from laying out in the desert sun for many years in a remote outdoor dump site, before being "liberated".

I noticed the SS stamps on your projectiles. This was a method of marking inert-loaded projectiles at the Yuma Proving Ground. It stands for Safe Steel. They are both faded from laying out in the desert sun for many years in a remote outdoor dump site, before being "liberated".
Hazard,
Are they " correct", case matching shell? The 76MM was a good solid fit, the 75MM slipped in, but removes easily. The primer and tube are intact , but strangely backed out a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 17