What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenade from VN era, need ID

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Need an ID on the grenade to the left. Looks like a M 217, but I just dont remember, French brown jug next to it, remember recoverying it. BrownJug2.JPGBrownjug3.JPGBrownJug2.JPGBrownjug3.JPG

Yellow one looks to be French WW2 mle 1937 defensive the blue one looks to have had the crap kicked out of it or could be a rough homemade cast job ????

The yellow one is French as was pointed out already, but the other one looks like it's probably a jungle-made VC type. If so, it probably doesn't have a name or model number. They made grenades out of whatever they could find, sometimes even using US fuzes like this one. The body could be made out of anything, even concrete. Hard to tell from this pic. They were sometimes very crude-looking. I've heard there's a lot of fakes of jungle-made VC grenades out there too, since it's easy to fake something that was cobbled together by hand and real ones sell for high prices to collectors.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it was a homemade one, I ecovered it along with a dozen or so french grenades. but I didn't make anote about it and now 46 plus years later I am scracthing my head tryingto remember