What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Please LWM Fuze device

doppz92

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

I saw this on a site last week which was for sale as a booby-trap or demolition device for LWM fuse? I really can't fathom how it works... Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

204_001.jpg204_004.jpg204_005.jpg

Hello,
Never seen such a device used with this fuze. Seems to fit well on top. Is it a part of a tool ? (extraction of shell from the tube ?)
I don't think it could be a booby trap, no pyrotechnic link on the top of the fuze (closed). And German had a specific LWMZdr converted with chemical long delay for demolition.

Regards

LWM2.jpg

Thanks Minenaz16, that's what puzzles me, how could this little device detonate the shell, there's no connection between the device and the fuze so how could it detonate it??? I also thought of an extraction tool for misfired projectile, but it doesn't correspond either, it's not long enough, or is it part of something longer? It's a mystery to me!

I have here this french book which I think desripes the hole in the top of the fuze, sorry to say I dont speak french so minenaz 16 can you translate it, thanks

Attachments

• 01B071.jpg
    01B071.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 01B070.jpg
    01B070.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 39
Not necessary to translate all the document my friend ;
I know LWM series were fitted with a specific hole on top for a special tool to remove a shell from the tube but I've never seen this tool (thats why I talked about a tool in my previous post).
This hole was used as well to fix a special anti-light cap (to hide flamme of pyrotechnic fuze).

The document says with the new shape of fuze with external thread on top, new special cap could be screwed without blocking the hole for extracting tool.
On the former shape of fuze this hole couldn't be used for tool when the cap was in place.

01B070 - Copie.jpg

01B071 - Copie.jpg01B071 - Copie (2).jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm sure the tool for extraction shell is in the box !
I have a suspicion for the N°190 ("Entlader" = unloader)

MINENWERFER.jpgTOOL CRATE.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg2.jpg3.jpgc.jpg

tool 190 2.jpgtool 190.jpg

tools minenwerfer.jpg

Last edited: