What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15 cm granate 14?

pajarito

Hi there!

Does anyone know the name of this projectile? I think it could be a 15cm granate 14 with an Italian 910 fuze (innesco alleggerito).
It appeared in Spain and used during the civil war.
Thanks.

20170420_123540.jpg20170420_123547.jpg
20170420_123651.jpg20170420_124509.jpg

Hello,

I'm quite sure you're right, really looks like a modified German 15cm Gr14 (later model with two driving bands). I used to see it on french ww1 battlefields fuzed Grz17 !
Very interesting shell fitted with an adaptor to be used with an Italian fuze.
Not very surprising as lot of old German shells were used sometimes with adapter to be fused with french or spanish fuzes.

gr14.jpg

Other examples :

British 4.5in with spanish fuze :

114mm.jpg

German 7.7 with adapter and French fuze :

7.7 with french fuze.jpg

Regards

Last edited:
Hello,

I don't think that this fuze is a Italian 910 fuze with "innesco alleggerito". The body of the fuse, in the model 910, where the inesco is screwed, is a flat surface (I send photo of the fuze 910). In the fuze send by Parajito, it is not the same.

Regard

espoleta_910_italiana.jpg

Hello,

I think you are right but what is this mysterious fuze ?

Correction of my previous post : 114mm is fitted with a russian RG-6 fuze and the 7.7cm is fuzed with russian AD-N or French 24-31 m99 (not sure the picture is too small)

Hello Doctor,
I think you're right, well done.
The fuze is screwed into the adapter so we can only see the damaged top. Could be the short version too (model 1917). I was very very far from this idea of French damaged fuze !
So very interesting combination.
Cheers

shneider mle 16.jpgMle 17 schneider.jpgfuze.jpg

Last edited: