What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 Days CAF event

Off topic, but interesting event I attend each year at the Commemorative Air Force Dixie Wing each year. I bring my Shorland ( in Kraut colors just because) and usually ordnance collection but i did not haul out ordnance due to the rain , it was rained out Sunday. For your interest, a good time for those that enjoy warbirds, vehicles and a WW2 era celebration. We had 8 WW2 vets, including the last surviving member of Doolottles raid, he was 94 and gave a wonderful account ( what he remembered)....General MacArthur even showed up...
filling up 50 some sand bags for a Bren MG emplacement was enjoyed by my youngest and all the other kids....much to the Yanks dismay, my British exhibits drew a lot of attention...the Shorland of course was appreciated as jeeps and half tracks are dime a dozen here....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
WW2 Days

More pics. Aircraft attending, B25, P51, P63, Sbdv, LC2-5, Zeros, 2 half tracks, 37mm gun, loads of belt fed, Japs, Krauts ( 30 plus), a WW2 Glider and sail plane, ....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg