What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Internet has changed the world

Bellifortis

Hallo munitions enthusiasts,
only recently I have found 2 really great web-sites that I want to share with you. www.liberatedmanuals.com Here you find 4792 US Military manuals, most non munitions related, for free download. The other one is www.bulletpicker.com This is an absolutely stunning collection of more than 100 years of munitions literature. I'm a decades long collector of literature, but here I found many that I had been saerching for, for a long time. And all for free. For the last 50 years 1000nds of individuals have turned over millions of $ selling this literature. I have always admired the US Freedom of Information Act. Government prepared literature has no copyright. It is paid for by the public and so its public property. In Germany we have no Civil Right like that and I know of no other country in which government literature gets automatically downgraded for public release after so many years. On this website you find many hundreds of manuals, among these are some real gems. Fedoroff's "Encyclopedia" for instance is his livetimes work with thousands of references. In the early nineties, just before only digital versions were offered, the 10 Volumes cost 550.-$ at NTIS, which was the cheapest source at the time. I want to use this opportunity to thank the persons that made these 2 websites possible very,very much. The huge amount of info is absolutely stunning. There are many manuals that have been asked for here on BOCN many times already.
Bellifortis.