What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deguchi no nai umi (2006)

sksvlad

This Japanese movie with the English title "Sea without exit" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0807747/ is a must for anyone interested in Kaiten and Imperial Japanese Navy in general. A young college student who loves baseball and classical music volunteers to become a pilot of Kaiten. It shows his training at Yokosuka Submarine base and subsequent active duty deployment. Kaiten training is shown in great detail, with very elaborate mockup Kaiten setups and training in the open ocean. Looks authentic to me, but I don't even know what Kaiten has inside. During training a IJN officer makes a point that Kaiten uses pure oxygen and therefore does not produce a bubble trail visible from above. May someone explain this point? I thought the bubbles were made by the rotors.