What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New acquisition, test your knowledge.

Just won these at a mom and paw auction awaiting shipment. Little info supplied, just "5 cases". Providing pictures for general interest, I will admit I enjoy looking at other members new additions. How close am I?

L-R, 1) US Navy 3" 50 2) 76MM Bulldog 3) 76MM 62 Cal 4) 75MM Sky sweeper T6E3B1 5) Not sure, 3" 50 or 3" MK II M2B1.

I put what I thought was a low bid of $60 and was notified I won. Keep in mind I have not received these yet, and may be disappointed when they arrive, but if they turn out to be as suspected, I will have a good time hunting down the projectiles to complete them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 58
At $12 a case, i'd say a good buy.

I still have to add in shipping ( not yet quoted). I am anticipating they will break to about $20 each. The problem I have is I have been bit by the Ordance bug, a disease I am sure. My reloading / work bench is getting smaller every day.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Yeh, i think its like a fungus, it just spreads. Any flat surface ends up with a covering of ordnance!.Enjoy.

L to R: 3 inch Army AAA/antitank, 76mm Walker Bulldog, 76.2 Oto Malera, 75mm Army Skysweeper, 3 inch Army AAA/Antitank

You have a 3"50 case in your collection. The one with the yellow tipped AP-Capped projo in it. It has a wider -more radiused shoulder than the Army cases.

Last edited:
L to R: 3 inch Army AAA/antitank, 76mm Walker Bulldog, 76.2 Oto Malera, 75mm Army Skysweeper, 3 inch Army AAA/Antitank

You have a 3"50 case in your collection. The one with the yellow tipped AP-Capped projo in it. It has a wider -more radiused shoulder than the Army cases.

I believe you are correct. Very, very good eye ( and without any measurements given)....now I have to find a 3" Army shell, I have been looking for more than a year already to fill this 1944 3" steel case I have ( pictured before and after I cleaned it up with Ospho). Navy 3" /50 projectiles and cases seem to be much more plentiful.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: