Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

7.5cm PzGr. 39/42 APCBC-HE Projectile

Not the rarest of WWII German tank projectiles and not the greatest condition, but how could I resist a Panther projectile for a mere 20 quid?
    7.5cm PzGr. 39-42 projectile - uncleaned (1) r.jpg7.5cm PzGr. 39-42 projectile - uncleaned (2) r.jpg7.5cm PzGr. 39-42 projectile - uncleaned (3) r.jpg7.5cm PzGr. 39-42 projectile - uncleaned (4) r.jpg
    It's unfired and there's nothing missing, so in theory it's fettleable back to something like it's original appearance. The trickiest bit will be filling in the dents in the ballistic cap and shaping it back.

I'm currently intending to just clean it back to bare metal for the time being as I need to finish off various other projects such as a 105mm TK BE smoke shell and a 6 Pounder Hotchkiss shell.

Could anyone point me at a nice clear illustration of the markings for this type of projectile and a tidy and reasonably priced KwK 42 case for sale?

Cheers,
    Mark

PS. Yes; the second request was written with my tongue firmly in my cheek...

Thanks
    After two weeks in dilute citric acid and much scrubbing and polishing. If anyone has any ideas what the remnants of the markings on the base might be, I'd be fascinated to know.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    peregrinvs, using acid is usualy not the best way to clean projectiles. Autolisys or even electrolisys would do just fine and you wouldn't have so much micro pitting. It takes less time to