What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No;15 grenade fuze

BMG50

Premium Member
Got a very nice mint No;15 grenade marked M, just wondering what type of fuzes they use for it and how the fuze is fitted to the grenade. I have two types of replica Brock igniter for it, one has a rounded cast lead top and the other has a folded thin lead sheet cover, not sure what would be correct.The raised piece on the filling plug with the hole for the wiring on my Grenade has two copper wires passing through the hole which have been cut off. On the two types of fuze there are two metal wire rather than copper. What was the wiring arrangement to the fuze and top plug. Would this top plug be the same thread and size of a mills base plug, cant tell as i can remove mine as it is stuck fast.

I picked these repros up in France a few years ago. Cannot vouch for their accuracy as No 15's are not my strong point.

SSCN5960.JPG

John