What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenades Nos 1 and 2

AE501

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
These are two of my grenades.
The first is a No 1 Mk 2 Dummy. The Wooden Block is marked E & S for the Edison & Swan United Electric Co. Ltd. I think they dropped 'united' at some point.
The next is a No 1 Mk 3. This was produced by the Western Electric Co. Ltd. You may not be able to see all of the stamping on the tapered wooden block part of the one piece handle and filling block, but it is just discernible in sunlight under a magnifier and is given as 'No1 III WE Co. Ltd'. The fragmentation collar is very crude by this time, being made in two parts and soldered or welded in some way. There is a grenade made by WE Co Ltd in the grenade book, which was contracted as being a sectional instruction grenade, which has the same crude collar. This one is not sectioned.

The rodded No 2 has the "The Cotton Powder Co. Ltd. London with Hales Patent underneath, as does the hand model.
The Det Holder is marked 'E' or 'F' with an 'A', but there is no marking visible on the hand version.

1  Gren Hand No 1 Mk 11 - 1.jpg6 Gren Hand No 1 Mk III - instructional - maker - 1.jpg5 Gren Hand No 1 Mk III - instructional internal - 1.jpg4 Gren Hand No 1 Mk III - instructional components - 1.jpg2 Gren Hand No 1 Mk 11 - components - 1.jpg3 Gren Hand No 1 Mk III - instructional - 1.jpg

7 Gren No 2 rodded - 1.jpg9 Gren No 2 rodded - components - 1.jpg8 Gren No 2 rodded - makeup - 1.jpg10 Gren Hand No 2 - design patent and maker - 1.jpg

Very nice!! I just got a No. 2 Mk. 1 with the original cane handle, quite pleased with that.

Attachments

• no 2 mk. 1.jpg
    no 2 mk. 1.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 38