What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Canister for US 105mm M84 Base Ejecting Projectile

M8owner

Look what I found.

Attachments

• IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3506.JPG
    IMG_3506.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 60
That thing is old. The current color for the last 40 or more years has been light green body with black lettering.

Could this be a different countries version? The light green would be the US/NATO color scheme. Possibly this was made for someone else? KC is Kilgore which is a US company, although works with Chemring, so there is an international flavor to it as well.

But thanks for showing it ... it is an interesting version.

Joe

The NATO Code of Colours for the Identification of Ammunition (except ammunition of a calibre below 20mm) is STANAG 2321 and is, as far as I know, from 1960 or 1964. But every country could/can still use their own nearest equivalent colour. I think this smoke canister is from the WW-2 , Korea war or Vietnam war period.

The NATO Code of Colours for the Identification of Ammunition (except ammunition of a calibre below 20mm) is STANAG 2321 and is, as far as I know, from 1960 or 1964. But every country could/can still use their own nearest equivalent colour. I think this smoke canister is from the WW-2 , Korea war or Vietnam war period.

Hello all
I have never seen a Smoke canister that was coloured. Mine is bare metal with the type stencilled in white and I found lots of them on the ranges the same. Smoke projectiles of course are pale green. Still learning though