What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pair of WW! Photographs 12pr? Armed Yacht ?

Gspragge

Premium Member
The photographs came with two 6pr cases, story being that they were
from this ship. To me this looks like a larger than 6pr gun.

Also is this "His Majesty's Yacht" Mora ( if I understand H M Y correctly), a conscripted civil vessel.

And what is my Cat doing there with the "Cat Sargent" !

Also, I don't see any Navel crew, looks like Army to me - am I missing something ?

Attachments

• IMG_0003 5.JPG
    IMG_0003 5.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0004 3.jpg
    IMG_0004 3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0005 3.jpg
    IMG_0005 3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 51
Army it is - Royal Engineers, Inland Waterways and Docks.

From what I can ascertain plied their trade on the canals of Northern France and Flanders as well as the rivers of Mesopotamia.

TimG

P.S.
It would appear the yacht was designed by G.L Watson & Co., Naval Architects, Glasgow. Constructed 1901 - 04, Steam Screw Yacht No. 420, Mora.

http://www.clydeships.co.uk/view.ph...isposal=&lost=&a1Page=4&ref=12062&vessel=MORA

Last edited:
That's great, I'll send on the images to them.

Can anyone confirm the gun type.

Last edited:
What should I do with these, would they be of any historic interest in the UK and if so to whom.

Happy Ending , Royal Engineers Museum ;

"Our Collections Committee met recently to consider all the donations offered to the Museum and we have made a final decision on the photographs.
I am delighted to say that we would like to accept these items into our collection here at the Museum."