What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arabic tranlation help needed

rigby

I have a empty 20x110 HS-404 case with arabic headstamp.
I think the case is manufactured in Egypt.....but i am not sure.....and what is the meaning of the symbol at 9 o'clock?

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 44
The symbol (on it's side) at 9 o'clock in your photo means 'military industry', and is used on Egyptian ammunition.

I've seen this marking on other items previously for
Factory 27 (Shoubra) and Factory 10 (Abu Qir Company for Engineering Industries), but your case is Factory 45 ( ٥ ٤ ). The arabic numbers are read left to right.

A quick internet search reveals Factory 45 is El Maasara Company for Engineering Industries. Cairo, Egypt.

This link lists Egyptian military factories,
https://fas.org/nuke/guide/egypt/facility/mark0033.htm

Last edited:
Many thanks for your help. :)
Than are the symbols on the right side year (78) and lot (8)?
And you know the meaning from the symbols at 6 o'clock? I dont find these in the arabic alphabet.

There is 78 / 7 ٧٨/٧ I don't know if the 7 is the Lot or month.

The symbols at six o'clock when rotated, appear to be a word that google says means 'tar', together with 20 so I summise it's the 20mm calibre designation.

٢٠ تر