What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm AH-64 Apache M230 muzzle brake

Spaceinvader

Hello all,
My first posts in awhile, been very caught up in work and also seeing if I can continue collecting!

In the mean time, let the packages come in the mail! Today the post man brought me a 105mm APFSDS proof projectile (posted in the "Projectiles" section) and the topic of this post, a M230 chain gun muzzle brake.
I have always loved the idea of owning the muzzle break from anything really, a .50 or a huge 155mm artillery brake. The typical problem is weight. Kinda hard to ship a 100lb brake across the country! I luckily was able to get this one for a great price and with the help of a friend in the US got it today in the mail.

Having never seen an AH-64 up close, I had no idea how big these brakes really where. At just under 9" long and 3" wide its much bigger than expected. Made of Titanium but surprisingly light at 1.3kg or 2.8lbs. Its been used quite a few times and shows its use. Caked with residue on the inside and the edges of the ports slightly worn I assume it lived out its service life. Its a great piece to display with the casings and semi-replica HEDP round. Now one of my favorite pieces in the collection!

Rhys

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg