What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oblong No.36M detonator box 1944

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
a nice little item that was given to me last evening. I've never seen one before but it was found at a boot sale and bought for me by a friend. It has a 1944 date.

Attachments

• 100_2010.jpg
    100_2010.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2011.jpg
    100_2011.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 41
SAM_0006.jpgThat's a nice gift Dave ! Here is a pic of mine, one month later than yours.

just 'cause I showed you mine, you didn't have to show me yours Tony! Nice even if I do say so. Dave

They're Canadian:-

CSF/C - Canadian Safety Fuze Co., Brownsburg,

TimG

Dave,
the labels on these tins can be very misleading as the last one of these I saw contained sherbet flying saucers :wink:

Tony

OK so cenile dementia has arrived at my head I cannot remember or find what TP means....... Dave

OK so cenile dementia has arrived at my head I cannot remember or find what TP means....... Dave

I think we came to the conclusion that it probably refers to "Temporary Package" or similar, not sure it as been confirmed or not, maybe one of our Canadian Grenade collectors can confirm ?

I am fairly certain they are "Training Practice". used in training, not for Operational use.

I am fairly certain they are "Training Practice". used in training, not for Operational use.

No, I think Millsbomber is correct, senile (I prefer to spell it with an S) dementia is what SMLE has (well some of us knew that anyway) but that roller is also correct in that, temporarily, it held a packet of sweets which I have now eaten. Sorted, gentlemen!